While getting outside for daily walks or playing a favorite sport are wonderful forms of exercise, sometimes, it’s just easier to work out at home when you’re short on time. On top of that, it’s a lot more convenient than hitting a gym.
At-home exercise doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming, especially if you choose the right activities. Just be sure to stay safe and consult your doctor beforehand.
Working Out at Home Is Easy
According to Zareena Khan at Home Care Assistance, there are 6 simple workouts she says that seniors can do at home to stay active and stick to an exercise regimen:
- Weight Training — Even a light set of dumbells makes a difference, and you can even life weight while seated in a chair.
- Aerobics — Whether you watch a YouTube video or come up with your own routine, get your blood pumping in your living room.
- Yoga — Yoga is one of the easiest workouts to do at home, as you won’t need a lot of space to move around.
- Squats — Squats can be done anywhere, anytime, even in front of the TV while you’re watching your favorite show.
- Walking — If the weather isn’t good, you can always walk on a treadmill if you have one, or do some walking in place.
- Situps — A classic exercise for core strength.
The best part of working out at home is that it’s much harder to come up with an excuse not to keep up with your routine, so you’re more likely to stick to it.
Do you like working out at home? We’d love to hear from you.
Check out our other articles on Council of Seniors 365 for more advice on leading a healthy lifestyle in retirement.
We’d love for you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates.